Pizzaville's Best Pizza Ordering Practices
Updated: Friday November 27, 2020
YOUR PEACE OF MIND IS OUR PRIORITY
Here are a number of best practices that our restaurants are following to ensure the health and safety of our customers, in-restaurant and delivery team members.
To our valued customers, we are open for delivery and pick-up (take-out).
Our number one priority remains to provide our customers with the highest quality food and service, while ensuring food safety, customer protection and peace of mind.
In accordance with our health and government officials in an effort to observe social distancing, all of our restaurants are limiting in-store traffic to orders placed in advance for pick-up (take-out). Some locations have resumed their slice service. Slices are available for take-away only and we will continue to restrict dine-in at our stores until further notice.
We encourage you to use our prepayment option to reduce points of contact whether ordering for delivery or pick-up (take-out). Prepayment is available for orders placed on our online ordering platforms; pizzaville.ca or the Pizzaville APP
CONTACTLESS DELIVERY is also an available option for all delivery orders, when requested through our online ordering platforms.
You can request CONTACTLESS DELIVERY, upon check-out, when you order through one of our online ordering platforms; pizzaville.ca or the Pizzaville APP.
When this option is selected, our drivers will:
- deliver and place your order in a protective bag on your doorstep
- distance themselves 10ft or more from your door and call you to let you know your order is at your doorstep
- the driver will remain on-site until the order is collected by you
ENSURE the phone number on your customer profile is the phone number that you can be reached at.
Below are a number of best practices that our restaurants will continue to follow to ensure the health and safety of our in-restaurant teams and our guests.
- Exercising diligent Health & Safety practices
- All Pizzaville franchise owners and managers are required to complete extensive food handling certification, Serve Safe, in order to operate their restaurants
- Our franchise owners are reinforcing our already rigorous standards and operating procedures for food safety and personal hygiene inside their restaurants
- Ensuring extensive sanitization of guest areas, make-lines and back-of-house
- We continue to work closely with our health and safety consultants who provide direction in strict abidance with recommendations made by both Provincial and Federal health authorities. As per Government and Health officials, masks and physical distancing are required, whenever possible, for all in-restaurant and delivery team members, to minimize the transmission of COVID-19 from person to person. In addition, we kindly ask all customers to wear face coverings while inside our stores.
- Franchisees and managers will ensure that staff and drivers are in good health. If they appear to have any flu/cold-like symptoms, they will not be allowed to work and will be advised to follow the COVID-19 self-quarantine protocol.
- Our customer lobbies have been closed to dine-in customers and Plexiglas shields have been installed at each location to protect both our Team Members and customers.
- With customers safety in mind, we have also reduced hours of operation to ensure our Team Members are able to devote additional attention to daily cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces throughout our locations.
- If a franchisee owner, in-restaurant team member or driver has recently traveled or have family members that live with them that have recently traveled, they will be asked to follow the COVID-19 self-quarantine protocol.
- Menu Item Preparation & Packaging
- All menu items, with the exception of our prepackaged items, are baked in our ovens at over 550°F or deep fried (panzerotti) at over 350°F. Temperatures above 160°F have been shown to eliminate all known pathogens.
- Once baked, pizzas, panzerotti, chicken wings, chicken poppers, arancini, and potato wedges are removed from the oven and immediately transferred into a new box with a pizza peel. There is no touching or handling required.
- Our pizzas are cut by clean pizza cutters, once inside the box.
- Deep Fried Panzerottis are removed from deep fryer with stainless steel basket and placed in a new box.
- For all customers protection and peace of mind, we will only be serving menu items that are COOKED or PREPACKAGED.
We will be reintroducing BASIL topping, our original Margherita combination (that includes basil) and our Prosciutto & Arugula pizza, with the following preparation changes as extra precaution:
- Prosciutto & Arugula Combination
- Traditionally, arugula, prosciutto, and shaved 3-cheese blend are added after the pizza is baked. At this time, as an extra precautionary measure, we are ensuring all menu items and toppings are fully cooked. Therefore, arugula, prosciutto, and shaved 3-cheese blend will be baked with the pizza.
- Basil & our Margherita pizza combination
- Traditionally, basil is added after a pizza is fully baked.At this time, as an extra precautionary measure, we are ensuring all menu items and toppings are fully cooked. Therefore, we will be baking basil with the pizza.
- This will apply to basil on our Margherita pizzas or basil added as a topping to any pizza.
- Seal of Approval - Ensuring all Packaging is properly sealed in tamper-evident packaging
- All boxes will be sealed with our Seal of Approval to provide additional comfort to our guests that there has been no direct contact with your food until it is received by you.
- Contactless Payment Options for Pick-Up and Delivery - To minimize additional points of contact
- Prepay using any major credit card on our online ordering platforms, through our secure payment gateway. Order online at Pizzaville.ca or on our APP
- Use TAP - If you prefer to pay upon delivery or in-store, you can choose to use TAP payment option with our payment terminals on orders under $100
- Dedicated Pizzaville Delivery Drivers
- Our drivers are dedicated to delivering orders prepared ONLY from the Pizzaville restaurant they service during their shift
- Franchisee owners and managers will ensure that drivers are in good health. If they appear to have any flu/cold-like symptoms, they will not be allowed to work and will be advised to follow the COVID-19 self-quarantine protocol.
- Contactless Delivery Option
For prepaid orders processed through our online ordering platforms, you will also have the option to choose CONTACTLESS DELIVERY.
If you choose this option, our drivers will:
- deliver and place your order in a protective bag on your doorstep
- distance themselves 10' or more from your door and call you to let you know your order is at your doorstep
- the driver will be sure to remain on-site until the order is collected by you
Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our customer service team by:
Phone: Dial #3636 from your cell OR 416.736.3636
CEO & President